Users are actually the staff or members of your WordPress website or blog. Every platform should have users to use the platform, website or blog whatever you’ve. Now here you’ll learn how to add users in WordPress and how to update profile in WordPress. As I’ve discussed everything about WordPress in my WordPress guide.
If you want to learn other basic things about WordPress then here are my articles;
Related WordPress guides to get you started :
- How to buy domain and hosting
- How to Add Domain On Hosting
- How to Install WordPress
- How to Add Post in WordPress
- How to Add Pages in WordPress
- How to Add Media in WordPress
- How to Add Themes in WordPress
- How to Add Plugins in WordPress
- How to Add Menus and Widgets in WordPress
- How to Do Basic Settings of WordPress Blog
Add Additional User Profile Fields in WordPress Registration :
If you want to become WordPress expert then you should readout my WordPress guide and learn everything from basic to advanced.
Let’s get to the point
How to Add Users in WordPress :
- Users is the module as I’ve discussed in my WordPress guide that these are actually the members of your website or WordPress blog.
- Click on Users and you’ll find all the users of your blog or website but this panel can only be accessed by administrator.
- You can add, remove or edit users of your profile. If you’ve any subscriber, author or editor but you want to make him/her administrator then from here you can do everything.
- You can select all the users by bulk select and you can delete them at once click.
- Username: Username is the specific name through which you can login into your WordPress blog or site. It’s a one word name or you can add your nick name as username but before adding any name one thing keep in your mind that your username will be shown everywhere in your WordPress blog. It is required field you’ve to fill this if you want to add user.
- Email: You’ve to add valid official email address on which you’ll get your login details and other newsletters of your website or WordPress blog. In case if you’ve lost your password and you forgot password then from this email address you can get your access back of your WordPress blog or website. It is also required field, you’ve to fill this if you want to add user. Try to add valid email address of your user.
- First Name: Write first name of your user name, Every person has more than two word name then you’ve to add first word of his/her name but it is not required, if you don’t have or you don’t want to add first name then don’t worry leave it empty and go ahead.
- Last Name: Write last name of your user’s name you can also say that it is sure name. You’ve to add here last name of your user’s full name.
- Website: Add the official website URL of your user you’re adding. If you don’t have any website or blog then leave it empty it is not required but if you’ve then add url of that website or blog.
- Password: Click on show password, you’ll get strong encrypted password by WordPress but if you want to add easy password then remove that password and add your own password, but try use the password offered by WordPress.
- Send User Notification: Check in if you want to get details of user’s account through email. If you’ve added user’s details correctly through this option, user will get his details through email.
- Role: Role is the most important option in adding user in WordPress. If you’re adding user account for an editor, writer, subscriber or administrator then you can select role from here.
- Subscriber: Subscriber can only update profile, can’t even write or publish article but a subscriber can get posts and articles notification through email address.
- Contributor: Contributor can write, edit or remove own posts or article but cannot remove other published posts. Specially created for article writers.
- Author: Author can upload files, write, edit, publish and delete their own articles. They can also edit their profile and change their passwords.
- Editor: Editor role have full authority on content section. Editor can add or remove any post of your WordPress blog. If you’ve an article writer to whom you want to give full access then editor role is perfect for that position.
- Administrator: This role is only for owners, actually administrator can do everything can remove or add anything. If you’ve any partner or any person you want to give full access then you can add user and select administrator role.
- Click on add new user and your user will be added, now give details by email address or manually.
How to Update Your User Profile :
- Click on users and go to the users panel where you’ll find all users of your WordPress blog or website.
- Now edit the user, you want to update profile.
- You’ll see a profile of that user you’re going to edit.
- Visual Editor: If you’ve any contributor, editor or any writer and you don’t want him to writer articles then you can disable the visual editor it will not allow him/her to write text.
- Admin Color Scheme: As you know WordPress is the CMS and it has a beautiful panel with a lot of color schemes you can give specific color to specific user.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: You can enable keyboard shortcuts for comment moderation.
- Toolbar: You can show toolbar while viewing site through this option, if you want to disable toolbar while viewing site then disable this option from profile editor.
- You can change names of your existing users from here. you can add nickname of your users too and it is required. If you want to display name publicly then you can also display the specific name suggested by WordPress blog.
- Update email address, website and Google+ account profile from here, If your user have these details you can update these from here.
- You can add biographical information of your user from here, you can write a small intro of your website or WordPress blog user from here.
- You can update profile picture of your user from here if there isn’t any option then use any WordPress plugin to add users profile picture.
- You can generate encrypted strong password from here of any user of your WordPress blog.
- You can also log out from other devices from sessions, it is the best option to make your WordPress blog safe and strong.