Themes are very important for any WordPress site or blog. WordPress is only successful CMS (Content Management System) because you can easily add or remove it’s theme. Even if you’re not a developer you can easily edit WordPress theme and you can enhance it’s look by theme option.
You can add or customize WordPress themes from WordPress panel or FTP. It is actually template for your website which gives bad or good impression to visitor’s eye ball. WordPress themes are pre-built templates for your website or blog. WordPress is the best platform where you can enhance everything by just drag and drop. You don’t need to learn coding or programming to build up your website theme or plugin. WordPress provides you pre-built themes or templates through which you can build up your website or blog according to your niche.
Now, I’m going to brief you how to add WordPress theme, It is my silo article I’ve discussed everything about WordPress in my previous articles from buying domain to setup and from adding post to themes now.
Here are my articles related to WordPress:
Learn: How to Add Domain On Hosting
Learn: How to Install WordPress
Learn: How to Add Post in WordPress
Now, Let’s get to the point and learn how to add themes in WordPress.
How to Add Themes Through WordPress Panel
- Appearance: In appearance you’ll find many options like themes, customize, widgets, menus, header and editor.
- Themes: In themes you can only add or remove themes, You can also find every type of theme you want according to your demand by selecting theme filter option.
- Customize: In customize you can customize theme by drag and drop or editing text only.
- Widgets: In widgets you can add only widgets on sidebar, homepage or footer.
- Menus: In menus you can add menu to footer or header.
- Header: In header you can only add code to header or anyother styling like logo or banner.
- Editor: This option is quite technical you can only add code in this, If you’re developer then you edit theme from here.
- Themes: Tap on theme and you’ll find the existing themes of your website or blog.
- Add New: Click on add new and you’ll find a lot of themes here, you’ll find featured themes here. If you like a WordPress theme then you can search by name from search box.
- Popular: In popular you’ll find only popular WordPress themes, which are popular mostly WordPress users or developers are using.
- Latest: In latest you’ll find only latest WordPress themes which are newly launched or upload in WordPress themes list. You can also add latest WordPress theme from here.
- Favourites: In favourites you’ll find only the themes you’ve seen before and marked as favourite WordPress theme.
- Feature Filter: In feature filter you can find the WordPress themes according to features you’ve selected.
- Layout: In layout you can select the layout of website you want because every WordPress theme has it’s own layout. You can select any layout for your WordPress website, Grid Layout, One Column, Two Column, Three Columns, Four Columns, Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar.
- Features: In features you’ll find many features of the specific niches like Accessibility Ready, BuddyPress, Custom Background, Custom Colors, Custom Header,Custom Menu, Editor Style, Featured Image Header, Featured Images, Flexible Header, Footer Widgets, Front Page Posting, Full Width Template, Microformats, Post Formats, RTL Language Support, Sticky Post, Theme Options, Threaded Comments and Translation Ready
- Subject: In subject you’ll find only niches for your WordPress site like Blog, E-Commerce, Education, Entertainment, Food & Drink, Holiday, News, Photography and Portfolio.
- Upload Themes: In upload themes you can only upload WordPress themes for your website. There are many companies and websites from external source which are offering premium themes or trial version WordPress themes So, you can add WordPress theme from here. After tapping on Upload Theme, Choose File .Zip WordPres Theme File from your computer. Then install now to install the WordPress theme for your WordPress blog or website.
How to Add Themes Through File Manager of Web Hosting
- Login to your web hosting Cpanel through login username and password.
- Go to file manager and you’ll find some websites which are hosted on your web hosting.
- Select your website and tap on Wp-Content You’ll find plugins, themes and uploads.
- Select Themes folder and upload the .zip file of your WordPress theme in the folder of themes of your selected WordPress site.
- After uploading extract the WordPress theme file and you’ll find the two files with same name after extracting
- Delete the zipped file of your WordPress theme and logout your web hosting.
- It’s all done. Enjoy using WordPress blog or website with your WordPress theme.
- You can add WordPress theme from FTP like Filezilla etc.
- You should add theme from WordPress panel because it shows whether your theme is broken or missing some files.
- Through FTP or file manager you cannot find the problem in theme it just proceeds WordPress Theme uploading process.
- WordPress Themes should be only in .Zip file not in another format.
- Don’t use nulled WordPress themes because it contains hac*king codes with some virus injections ad codes which will destroy your website authority and your site database will be hacked easily anythime.
- Use only premium WordPress themes and support developers. If you can buy then use only premium or paid themes or you can get premium themes from any developer.
- You can also develop custom WordPress themes and you can use after uploading WordPress themes.
- Make sure that your WordPress theme is totally clean before uploading WordPress themes to your blog or website.
- Every WordPress theme has it’s own functionality, some WordPress themes have theme options, some of themes have simple customizing panel and some WordPress themes have page builder.
- You can add multi WordPress themes but you can use only one theme at a time.
- Upload and Enjoy with your WordPress blog or website