As you know if you’re going to build any institute, organization or website, you’ve to build up it’s authority so that people can read your legal pages of your institute, organization or website. I’ve seen many times novice WordPress users are wandering here and there to learn how to add pages in WordPress. Now I’m here to teach you how to add pages in WordPress.
There are many ways to add pages in WordPress website or blog. You can write yourself, you can add pages through shortcodes and WordPress plugins.
I’m writing WordPress guide to teach novice every tiny or basic thing about WordPress. You can learn other things about WordPress from here:
Learn: How to Add Domain On Hosting
Learn: How to Install WordPress
Learn: How to Add Post in WordPress
Pages You Should Add
- Contact Us
- Terms of Service
- About Us
- FAQs (Optional)
- DMCA (Optional)
- Affiliate (Optional)
- Blog (Optional)
Now It’s time to learn how to add pages in WordPress. So, Let’s get to the point;
How to Add Pages In WordPress
- Add New: You can add unlimited WordPress pages from add new. After that you’ll find same editor panel like WordPress post.
- In your page title you have to write the heading of your page. You can write topic name or title on first blank
- In description or content you have to write content of your page, you can add images, videos and forum etc in this blank, you can add any type of content in the page.
- In permalink you can edit custom link, if you don’t like or want the automatic link of WordPress page you can edit and change the link.
I’m going to brief you about the toolbar of WordPress page panel, According to the numbering you can see on above image.
- Add Media: In add media you can add images, videos, gifs and any media file in the artile or WordPress page from here.
- Paragraphy/Heading: You can add H1 to H6 tags, paragraph and preformatted in WordPress page from here, Use headings and paragraph to enhance your content beauty.
- B (Bold): B means bold, it is used to highlight your content to make content or text thinner like this “B“
- Italic: Italic is used in cursive writing, it will tilt your content mostly article writers use italic in content to get high eye balls on note and warning etc.
- Bullets in Dots: Bullets are used to make your content in point as I’ve used above to brief you WordPress page.
- Bullets in Numbers: You can make content in points in numbering as i’m writing these point in numbering.
- Quote: If you want to write anyone’s saying or if you want to writing something in quotation then you can use this feature.
- Right Alignment: If you want to align your content or article on extreme right then you can use this feature, you can align selective and also whole article on right side.
- Centre Alignment: If you want to align your content in centre then you can use this feature you can align selective as well as whole content in centre.
- Left Alignment: If you want to align your content on left side then you can use this feature.
- Link: You can add link in WordPress page, if you want to add link on text which is known as anchor text then you can do with this feature.
- Unlink: Unlink is used to remove links from text or article.
- Read More Tag: if your article is large and contains many modules and parts then you can use this tag after each module.
- Toolbar Toogle: This toolbar contains all the styling features for content, if you want to make your content in a style then this toolbar is used.
- StrikeThrough: If you want to tell your reader something wrong, removed or changed then you can use this feature, mostly you have seen this in Ecommerce sites in which previous prices are written in strike through.
- Horizontal Line: Horizontal line is the line used to separate something.
- Text Color: Text color contains many colors you can also create custom color for your WordPress page text.
- Paste Text: If you’ve copied any text, paragraph from anything then you can paste from here as a text.
- Clear Formatting: Clear formatting is the feature from which you can remove any format of content. It will remove styling etc and it will change text into it’s normal condition.
- Special Characters: You can add special characters into your WordPress article or page from here. It involves many special characters.
- Decrease Indent: It will decrease indent or alignment if your content is coming in a sequence then you can decrease space from it’s initial point.
- Increase Indent: It will increase indent, You can increase space from this feature.
- Undo: If you have written something wrongly and you want your article in it’s previous condition then don’t worry you can do by undo.
- Redo: If you written something unintentionally but you have undo the content and you want to change again into it’s previous condition then you can redo the content.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: This is very important feature, I love WordPress because of this feature you can see many shortcuts used in content writing, If you want to become good article writer Oh I mean best article writer then you have to learn On-Page SEO and Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Visual: The visual editor is the WordPress page editor in which you can add content, images and videos.
- Text: In text editor you can add only text, short-codes, html and CSS code. It only contains text.
- Save Draft: If you’ve written your page but that is not compatible for publishing or if your WordPress page is incomplete you can save draft and you can edit.
- Status: In status you can change draft page into publish and publish into draft for further changes.
- Visibility: In visibility you can set the privacy for your article, If you don’t want to make it public then you can do from visibility.
- Publish: It is basically cron for your WordPress page, it is very powerful feature, If you don’t want to publish your article immediately then you can set date and time and your WordPress page will automatically published.
- Preview: In preview you can check your article live while editing or writing. If you’re writing your WordPress page but you want to see at front end, you can see live via preview.
How to Add Pages in WordPress Through Shortcode or Plugin
- Go to Plugins and add new plugin from WordPress plugins directory
- After searching by related keywords you’ll get the resultant plugins below
- Choose the best one plugin according to user’s rating and reviews.
- Install and activate the plugin and you’ll see the setting page of that plugin, mostly plugins provide you shortcode to create or add page into your website.
- Place that short-code into page editor panel into text editor as I’ve mentioned above in point no #27.