As you already know about WordPress, I’ve discussed it’s all modules in my previous article. You can learn everything about WordPress from WordPress guide, there are many articles which are interlinked through which you can learn how to do everything.
Other WordPress Guides :
- How to Buy Domain and Hosting to Create a Website
- How to Install WordPress and Domain on Hosting
- How to Install WordPress Theme in WordPress
- How to Add Plugins in WordPress
- How to Add New Post in WordPress
- How to Add Pages in WordPress
- How to Add Menus and Widgets in WordPress
- How to Add Users and Update Profile in WordPress
- How to Do Basic Settings of WordPress Blog
Inserting Media into Posts and Pages :
But now, you’re going to learn how to add media in WordPress, Here are two ways to add media in WordPress:
- Add Media to Library.
- Add Media in WordPress Post.
Media Library in WordPress :
Here I’ve shown some functions and features in numbering so now i can easily brief you each and every point with similar numbers in points. You’ll also learn how to add media in WordPress library.
Let Me Explain!
- In this you’ll see your existing media in list whether it is image, audio, video or any file.
- In this you will see your images, audio, video or any other media file in grid form, in square box preview.
- In all media items you can find image, video, audio or any other media file, this is actually a filter on selecting any category you’ll find the specific files below. If you’re going to find any image in a library you can use this filter.
- Upon selecting any specific date you’ll find the media of that date you’ve selected, it is also filter. If you’re going to find any file in a library you can use this filter.
- In bulk select you can select images in bulk, confused? I mean if you want to delete some images or media file with a single click then from bulk select you can select many files and delete with a single click immediately.
- In search media items you can find any media file from it’s name, alt tags or description.
- In add new you can add many media files to WordPress media library. You can add these media to any post or page from this library, this is actually media storage of your website. You can add multi files into WordPress media library, you can also add media files by drag and drop. If you’ve any media file in your computer, laptop or any device on which you’re using WordPress you can add from here.
How to Add Media in WordPress Post
You can also add media in WordPress post while writing an article if you want to add any video, audio, image or any media file you can add easily by this method. Actually media is the soul of an article and in On-Page SEO you’ll also learn the importance of images alt tags so if you’re going to add media in WordPress post you should add alt tags to media it matters a lot in ranking and indexing.
- In add media you can add media in WordPress posts or articles.
- Here are some options you’ll find in add media in WordPress post, You can create gallery of similar images from here, you can create audio playlist for your audio files from here, you can also create video playlist from here for long video list, Have you ever seen the article preview that is featured image you can also set featured image from here for a specific post by opening them one by one individually.
- If you don’t have that file in your system in hard drive but you’ve link of that media file you can add by url just paste that media url here and link text, you’ll find that media file in your library and WordPress Post.
How to Add Title, Alt tags, Caption and Description to Media
As I’ve discussed this many times that alt tags are very important in media for indexing and ranking, it is the lead factor on On-Page SEO. If you’re going to follow SEO you’ve to add proper title, Alt tags, caption and description to media. If you’re using WordPress then I’m here to tell you how to add title, alt tags, caption and description to media.
- Open media library in WordPress panel, you’ll find many images and media files in your WordPress library you’ve added before.
- Select the image in which you want to add title, alt tags, caption and description.
- As in the above image you can see these blanks in the extreme left side of the screen.
- In title you’ve to add the name of the image or the product for which you’ve added this image to represent. It automatically shows the title the name of the image but you can rename from title.
- In caption you’ve to add the copyright site name through which this image is taken or you can add anything which is representing this image.
- In Alt Tags you’ve to add the tags or related keywords to your post through which people mostly search on search engine. It will index or rank your image in google images with related keywords.
- In description you can add keywords or lines to describe your post with image description it also helps to rank or index image.
- In WordPress media library module you can find, delete or add the media, you can also use filters to find your desiring media file, WordPress media library is actually the media hard drive of your website.
- In WordPress post you can add media to specific post you’re writing or editing. You can setup featured image or media to the post individually. You can also add alt tags, description, title to any image or media file from here but you can also add from WordPress media library too.
- Don’t stuff irrelevant alt tags, firstly you’ve to search proper keywords on which people search your related product or post then after search add those keywords in the form of alt tags so that your image ranks on proper keywords.
- Don’t add a long media description it will show unprofessional act from your side and reader will fed up in a very short time.