WordPress is the most responsive and popular CMS (Content Management System). In which you have to add posts in WordPress blog to monetize to earn money online, I know I’m going to write on how to add new post in wordpress and I’ve written an ultimate WordPress guide for beginner users. It is very difficult for novice to learn WordPress, basic things are very tough to learn because newbies can’t find free tutorials and course to learn basic WordPress modules.
If you’re going to use WordPress then you’ve to know everything about WordPress modules but before studying WordPress modules you should learn how to buy domain and hosting because domain and hosting is necessary to install WordPress. After buying there is a process of installation So, you have to learn How to install domain and WordPress on hosting.
Here I’m going to tell you how to add new post in WordPress.
Add New Post in WordPress
- In your post or article title you have to write the heading of your article or post. You can write topic name or title on first blank
- In description or content you have to write content of your article, you can add images, videos and forum etc in this blank, you can add any type of content in the post.
- In permalink you can edit custom link, if you don’t like or want the automatic link of WordPress post you can edit and change the link.
I’m going to brief you about the toolbar of WordPress Post panel, According to the numbering you can see on above image.
- Add Media: In add media you can add images, videos, gifs and any media file in the artile or WordPress post from here.
- Paragraphy/Heading: You can add H1 to H6 tags, paragraph and preformatted in WordPress article from here, Use headings and paragraph to enhance your content beauty.
- B (Bold): B means bold, it is used to highlight your content to make content or text thinner like this “B“
- Italic: Italic is used in cursive writing, it will tilt your content mostly article writers use italic in content to get high eye balls on note and warning etc.
- Bullets in Dots: Bullets are used to make your content in point as I’ve used above to brief you WordPress post.
- Bullets in Numbers: You can make content in points in numbering as i’m writing these point in numbering.
- Quote: If you want to write anyone’s saying or if you want to writing something in quotation then you can use this feature.
- Right Alignment: If you want to align your content or article on extreme right then you can use this feature, you can align selective and also whole article on right side.
- Centre Alignment: If you want to align your content in centre then you can use this feature you can align selective as well as whole content in centre.
- Left Alignment: If you want to align your content on left side then you can use this feature.
- Link: You can add link in WordPress post, if you want to add link on text which is known as anchor text then you can do with this feature.
- Unlink: Unlink is used to remove links from text or article.
- Read More Tag: if your article is large and contains many modules and parts then you can use this tag after each module.
- Toolbar Toogle: This toolbar contains all the styling features for content, if you want to make your content in a style then this toolbar is used.
- StrikeThrough: If you want to tell your reader something wrong, removed or changed then you can use this feature, mostly you have seen this in Ecommerce sites in which previous prices are written in strike through.
- Horizontal Line: Horizontal line is the line used to separate something.
- Text Color: Text color contains many colors you can also create custom color for your WordPress post text.
- Paste Text: If you’ve copied any text, paragraph from anything then you can paste from here as a text.
- Clear Formatting: Clear formatting is the feature from which you can remove any format of content. It will remove styling etc and it will change text into it’s normal condition.
- Special Characters: You can add special characters into your WordPress article or post from here. It involves many special characters.
- Decrease Indent: It will decrease indent or alignment if your content is coming in a sequence then you can decrease space from it’s initial point.
- Increase Indent: It will increase indent, You can increase space from this feature.
- Undo: If you have written something wrongly and you want your article in it’s previous condition then don’t worry you can do by undo.
- Redo: If you written something unintentionally but you have undo the content and you want to change again into it’s previous condition then you can redo the content.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: This is very important feature, I love WordPress because of this feature you can see many shortcuts used in content writing, If you want to become good article writer Oh I mean best article writer then you have to learn On-Page SEO and Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Visual: The visual editor is the WordPress post editor in which you can add content, images and videos.
- Text: In text editor you can add only text, short-codes, html and CSS code. It only contains text.
- Save Draft: If you’ve written your post but that is not compatible for publishing or if your WordPress post is incomplete you can save draft and you can edit.
- Status: In status you can change draft post into publish and publish into draft for further changes.
- Visibility: In visibility you can set the privacy for your article, If you don’t want to make it public then you can do from visibility.
- Publish: It is basically cron for your WordPress post, it is very powerful feature, If you don’t want to publish your article immediately then you can set date and time and your WordPress post will automatically published.
- Preview: In preview you can check your article live while editing or writing. If you’re writing your WordPress post but you want to see at front end, you can see live via preview.
- Categories: Here you can add categories of your WordPress post. For Example: If your WordPress post is ” Causes of Cancer” then your category will be health.
- Most Used: If your article is related existing category you can check your most used category from here.
- Add New Category: You can add new category if existing categories don’t match your content, You can add parent and sub categories unlimited from here.
- Tags: The most important module in WordPress post is tags, you don’t even know the power of tags, On-Page SEO also involves the tags. If you’re writing an article research from Keyword planner or think what people search on google about your article then add those keywords as tags. Confused? Let me give you an example: If your article is on causes of cancer then your tags will be “cancer, causes of cancer, reasons of cancer, cancer reasons”
- Most Used Tags: As in categories you can also add most used tags in this. “if you’re writing an article on cancer and you have already posted many times on this topic then you can use your previous tags again”
- Featured Image: The image for your post preview on your website, blog, social media platforms including Facebook, twitter, google+ and others. You can set an image for your WordPress post from here.
- You can add posts in WordPress unlimited.
- Don’t add incomplete posts in WordPress site or blog.
- Write article in proper way, using bullets, styling etc.
- You can enhance your WordPress Posts tool bar with WordPress Plugins.
- The Links I’ve provided in posts are very helpful, checkout and read them.
- You can add post in WordPress from email address too.