As you know menu is the main navigation lead factor from where readers find site’s categories, authority pages, social profiles and contact information. I’m working day and night to write a mega WordPress guide to teach you everything about WordPress. Many basic things on WordPress I’ve written already and now I’m going to teach you how to add menu in WordPress blog/site.
If you want to learn other basic things about WordPress then here you go:
Other guides : (For Beginners)
- How to buy domain and hosting
- How to Add Domain On Hosting
- How to Install WordPress
- How to Add Post in WordPress
- How to Add Pages in WordPress
- How to Add Media in WordPress
- How to Add Themes in WordPress
- How to Add Plugins in WordPress
- How to Add Users and Update Profile in WordPress
- How to Do Basic Settings of WordPress Blog
Beginner’s Guide : How to Add Navigation Menu in WordPress :
Now In this post you’ll learn how to add menu in WordPress blog or site.
“Actually without menu, running a blog is just like the bald man combing”
I think my this quote will teach you the importance of menu for a blog or website so, let’s get to the point and get ready to learn how to add menu in WordPress blog or site.
How to add Menu in WordPress Blog :
- Click on Appearance in which you’ll find the modules to enhance the look of your blog or website.
- In Appearance you can find menus. In menus you can add, edit or remove menu in your WordPress blog or site.
- Pages: In pages you can add pages in your WordPress blog menu, from here you can add pages in your site. You’ll find the pages here you’ve added in your website or WordPress blog already. You can select the pages you want to add in your WordPress blog menu.
- Posts: In posts you can select the posts or articles you want to add in your WordPress blog menu. Here you’ll find all the posts or articles you’ve written already.
- Custom Links: In custom links you can add custom links in your WordPress blog menu. If you want to link other website page or article you can also add from here. Some important pages, product or notification which are nether a post nor a page but you want to add in your website menu then you can add as a custom link.
- Categories: In categories you can add the categories in your WordPress blog menu as you’ve created while writing an article, you can also show your article categories in WordPress blog menu.
- View All: In view all you can view all the categories, posts and pages you’ve added already.
- Add to Menu: From add to menu you can add the selected posts, pages and categories. After selecting you’ve to add to menu then it will you in menu structure so that you can arrange or rearrange the menu in a perfect manner.
- Menu Name: From menu name you can add name to your menu it helps to vary menu. you can search or select menu from menu name, it identifies the menus.
- Save Menu: From save menu you can save your changes permanently. you can save your changes.
Menu Setting in WordPress :
- You can drag or drop menu, rearrange the menu tabs according to your choice by just drag and drop
- In menu setting you can set specific menu to a specific location because every WordPress theme has it’s own menu locations So, you can add menu to a specific location according to your choice
- Auto Add Pages: In auto add pages after selecting the menu from upper side you can check this option in to add automatically pages to menu. If you want to add pages automatically then you can select this option whenever you add page categories post it will automatically add.
- Display Location: In display location you can show menu for specific location mainly there are two main menu locations primary and secondary. Primary menu location is for pages and secondary is for categories and posts So, the visitors or crawler can understand that you WordPress blog is quite decent and easy to understand.
Beginner’s Guide : How to Add Widgets in WordPress Blog :
- Go to Appearance and select the widgets option.
- You’ll see some available widgets in which you’ll find many widgets which are given by your WordPress theme or WordPress CMS. Mostly WordPress widgets includes archives, audio, calendar, categories, custom html, custom menu, image, meta, pages, recent post, recent comments, search, tag cloud, text and much more.
- You can add these all functions and additional features to your footer or on your WordPress blog’s sidebar.
- You’ll find many locations for your WordPress blog to add widgets to your site. There are many locations to add widgets and there are no limitations, you can surely add unlimited widgets.
- Widget location varies with your WordPress theme, every template or theme has it’s own location. you can add widget to homepage, footer and also on siderbar.
- You can add specific widget to specific location by just drag and drop. you can pick the widget by just your mouse arrow and release wherever you want to add.
- Select the widget and do their proper and setting and add to the location you want to add the WordPress widget. you can select the location to add the widget to a location by scrolling and simply tap on add the widget.
- Go to the location where you have added the WordPress widget from available widgets then do proper setting according to your desire by selecting you widget and don’t forget to click save.
- You can delete the widget if you’re not willing to add the widget or if you have added that WordPress widget unintentionally then you can delete the widget by delete button, you widget will be removed from the WordPress blog location.
- If you want to add any code in widget then select the html or text widget locate proper and add the code into the widget and click save and enjoy with your Widget